Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The Silver Lining

Today was a crazy day. Last night, James woke up about 5 times in the night, each time CRYING with tooth pain....and then he'd thrash around for who knows how long before finally settling back to sleep. Needless to say....I didn't get a lot of sleep either. Poor guy....poor mama.

And this morning I woke up early to go to work! (Not something that happens very frequently these days.) I felt like total crap, even though it was a good day, work-wise. I had a splitting headache from the lack of sleep. My back was sore from getting up in the night and walking James around in all kinds of crazy contortions.

Then I missed lunch, because the bread that I thought I had available? It was moldy and inedible, and all I had left was some Annie's crackers.

Then I came home and James hadn't taken a nap and was supremely fussy for the rest of the day until bedtime.

And guess what? My blood sugars today...practically perfect. I usually eat lunch around noon, and didn't get to eat anything but the aforementioned crackers then....Then I had lunch around 2:30. No highs, no lows. Okay, slightly low before dinner because I wasn't hungry at 5:30 since I had eaten lunch so late...but 68 is so NOT low in the grand scheme of my life!

I was thinking about what a crappy day I had, and wishing that just one thing would go smoothly for me, instead of everything having to be rough all at once. And then it struck me that my diabetes was the silver lining of the day.

Well, okay, that and the paycheck I got to take home!

1 comment:

Kerri. said...

I took a spin through your photos on James and the Giant Moose - your baby boy is beautiful.

Glad to hear that you've had a very good day of blood sugars. :)

-- Kerri.