Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Reduced to a Meme

For three out of the last four nights, James has kept me up pretty much all night. Before this, he was down to normally one nursing in the middle of the night, but the last couple of nights, he is thirsty thirsty thirsty so if I don't want to nurse him I have to get up and give him a drink of water...and even that doesn't work all the time. It's been especially hard from about 4-6 a.m., when he is most wakeful, although it isn't as bad as it was in November, because at least he'll stay in bed and not cry...he's just a little fussy and tossing and turning like crazy. At this point I really wish we had a crib to try, but I know my child and I know that would probably just make him miserable. So please, God, let this pass quickly!

In the meantime, I bring you a meme from my IRL friend Jerilyn because I'm too sleepy to come up with a "real" post.

What Ifs:

What if I could meet someone in the art world to chat with?
I'm not really sure what this means. If it means only people who draw, paint, sculpt, etc. I would have to go with Van Gogh, because I think he was craaaazy but also fascinating. Or maybe Monet. For some reason I think he'd be calmer. =)


What if I could have one wish granted for the benefit of all mankind?
Ooh. Tough one. World peace is the obvious answer, so I'll go with something a little different, even though that would be just SWELL. I'll say...I wish I could give them all my mindset and altruism and openness to differences, so then world peace could be resolved on its own! Ha ha ha. No, I don't really take myself that seriously. I don't know. Maybe I'd wish for a worldwide inability to inflict violence on others, so not only would wars cease, but personal violence would be gone as well. Then again, I'd love it if we could get this whole pollution/global warming/killing the earth thing fixed up. Yeah, I'm not very good at choosing just one thing, apparently.


What if I could travel anywhere in the world?
Then I'd go everywhere! But if I had to limit myself to one place...it's a tie between Scotland and Cuba. So again I'm not good at limiting myself to one. Oops.


What if I could live in a period other than the present, for 24 hours?
Well, first I'd have to have a working pancreas so I don't feel like total crap the whole time...but then I'd go to Tudor England, DUH! Not only is Elizabeth I one of my personal "most fascinating characters in history" but I know tons and tons of random details about the period.

Also, if I went back when Henry VIII was young instead, that might be kinda fun. You know, before he got corpulent and crazy.

What if I could become an animal for 24 hours?
I'd probably do it. Oh wait. You want to know what kind of animal I'd be? I'd probably be a wasp. Because I always feel like they're stalking me and they want to do me harm, so I'd get to see if they really are as angsty and angry as my vision of them in my head. But for fun I'd want to be a fish or a bird, so I could experience breathing water or flying, that kind of thing. If I was being smart about it, I'd choose to be a big cat because then I wouldn't be worried about something else eating me...plus if I was a cheetah I could experience that whole running-at-70-miles-an-hour thing. Yes, that's right, not even trying to choose just one thing anymore...

What if I could bring someone back to life for 24 hours?
A little creepy, but okay. I'd probably pick someone I never knew in real life, because that way I don't have to go through all the heartache of losing them all over. So let's go back to that Tudor question...Elizabeth, because I'm sure Henry could inflict plenty of damage, even in just a day.

Okay, that's it. I did the T-Tapp again today, and again it kicked my bum. Ah, it feels good to have a straight back! Sweet dreams~

1 comment:

Donna said...

This was a good meme, Susana. I'll have to give it a try, too.